A recipe for CardioKit by Andreas Wingert
Andreas was kind enough to share some of his own recipes with Cardiologist’s Kitchen. He and our ‘cooking cardiologist’ have also collaborated to introduce a new CardioKit heart-healthy menu option at Circle Bath.
After spending the beginning of his career in some of Europe’s finest Michelin restaurants and hotels, Andreas had the opportunity to join Circle Health as Executive Head Chef at their flagship private hospital in Bath. Andreas continues to work as an Executive Head Chef on various projects in the UK and China.
Smoked haddock and wild rice salad: a recipe shareCourse: Recipe
Smoked haddock cooked 100g
Petit pois defrosted 100g
Wild rice 100g
Eggs boiled 100g
Radish sliced 50g
Pine nuts toasted 15g
Rapeseed oil 15ml
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the smoked haddock on a tray and sprinkle olive oil, garlic and thyme on top. Cook in the oven at 160 degrees Celcius until fully cooked. Now cool immediately.
- Rinse the wild rice in cold water for 5 min. Place in a pan and add the ratio of 1 part rice to 3 parts of water. Add salt to the water and slowly bring to boil. When the rice is cooked, strain off the water and cool by rinsing it with cold water
- Defrost the petit pois (not garden peas but the smaller ones) and place them into a bowl.
- Add the sliced radish, diced haddock (1 cm x 1 cm), wild rice, rapeseed oil and pine nuts and combine gently. Now add the boiled egg which has been cut in 1/6.
- Check seasoning and serve.