200g Puy lentils cooked
200g broccoli small chopped
200g kale small chopped
150g pomegranate seeds
20g mint chopped
50g red onions
1tbs olive oil
salt and pepper
sprigs of thyme
whole garlic cloves
- Cook the lentils in salted water, drain and then leave to cool.
- Blanche the broccoli and kale and refresh in ice water.
- For the lemon confit: cut a lemon into 8 wedges and thinly slice. Bring to the boil in water from cold 3 times, changing the water in between (this takes away the bitterness). Now add some sugar and cook into a light syrup.
- Combine all the above ingredients and check the seasoning.
- For the chicken: preheat your oven to 220C.
Heat an ovenproof skillet, add a tablespoon of olive oil and 20g of butter.
When the butter is bubbling, add the chicken and fry on each side until just golden-brown. Season the chicken with some salt and pepper.
Cut one shallot in half lengthways and add to the pan along with two halves of lemon, the sprigs of thyme and some whole garlic cloves.
Transfer the pan to your preheated oven and roast 15 minutes, or until deep golden-brown and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the salad with the chicken breast that has been roasted with lemon, garlic and thyme.